Hi there, I'm John Pamplin, and I help companies save money using technology.
John Pamplin brings extensive experience in IT department management, IT consulting, lifecycle project management, software development, hardware/network infrastructure and reporting systems. In addition to founding two software consulting companies, he has a background in manufacturing, healthcare, internet services and banking. As a cost-reduction specialist, he has generated millions in annual cost savings for companies.
John founded Seteq Corporation, an IT consulting firm specializing in software development and IT project and infrastructure management. He also founded H/MIS, a consulting firm specializing in custom data warehousing, reporting systems and managing other IT projects for HMOs and PPOs.
As Director of Strategic Development: US for Carlson Wagonlit Travel, John reduced CRS segment minimums by 50 percent and lowered IT expenses by 11 percent in six months while developing new internet services for the firm's 1,300 offices. As Practice Manager for S1 Corporation, he developed, customized and integrated online banking software for companies such as CitiGroup, Wachovia and RBC Centura.
John also founded the Riverfest Music Festival in Atlanta to support local groups and charities, and is a former President of the Atlanta Jaycees.
John Pamplin's Background
John Pamplin's Experience
Managing Principal & IT Project Manager at Seteq Consulting
2008 - October 2011
Continued IT consulting with focus on web development, cost reduction, revenue enhancement, and IT infrastructure projects. Examples:
- Service Mix Revisions, Website, & Marketing Plan: Designed and implemented for a Marietta GA-based pump distributor, resulting in a 23% annual sales increase
- Cost Reduction: reduced telecom, server hosting, and offshore development costs by 42% per year for a local banking services company; led on-time implementation
- IT Infrastructure: designed and migrated high-performance, redundant cluster for Great Plains application servers and SQL Server backend; 3x performance boost
- Managed IT needs for 7 businesses (Help Desk, HW / SW / network maintenance)
Managing Principal at Seteq Corporation
2000 - 2004
Multi-faceted consulting company specializing in small-business IT consulting and website development project management. Notable projects included:
- E-Commerce Project, Leath Furniture, Atlanta, GA
Managed a multi-disciplinary development team to design and code an online storefront for a furniture manufacturer/retailer (IIS/ASP with Oracle backend)
- HPSupplyLink Project Manager, Hewlett-Packard, Atlanta, GA
Directed 11-member multi-city team to recode the USâs largest food donation e-service from Tango to HPâs supported platform (J2EE / Oracle / HP Application Svr.)
Practice Manager, Consumer Banking Suite at S1 Corporation
1999 - 2000
Managed product development, customization and implementation of S1âs Internet Banking 5.1 (the engine of SFNB [now RBC Centura, the #1 rated internet bank in the US by Gomez.com [yr. 2000])
- 5 project teams (10-55 FTE)
- Implementations lasted 6-9 months, $5-10M in billable hours
- Notable clients: CitiGroup, Wachovia, RBC Centura
- Created internal training programs with online documentation warehouse
Director of Strategic Development at Carlson Wagonlit Travel
1998 - 1999
Led development of new internet services for world's largest travel company (1,300 offices)
Partner at H/MIS - Health Management Information Systems LLC
1996 - 1998
Consulting firm specializing in data warehousing, reporting systems, full life cycle project management, custom programming, procurement and other IT projects for HMOs & PPOs